The casino-themed event begins with a buffet dinner at 5:00 p.m. in the College of Law lobby, followed by a live auction at 6:00 p.m. in the college’s Event Hall. The public is invited to attend. Dinner is $10 at the door. Admission to the auction is free.
The Public Interest Advocates (PIA) Auction helps fund summer and graduate fellowships for law students who want to work in public interest law. PIA is a student organization that offers free legal services to clients in need.
Some of the items up for bid at the PIA Auction this year include:
• Sports memorabilia: NCAA basketball signed by WVU men’s Head Coach Bob Huggins; two NCAA footballs signed by the WVU football team; NCAA basketball signed by WVU women’s Head Coach Mike Carey and the 2016 team.
• A trip for two to the Grand Illumination Celebration at Williamsburg, Virginia, from December 2-5. Includes side trip to Norfolk and Virginia Beach, motor coach travel and three nights hotel. (Donated by WesBanco)
• Dinner for two at the Tavern and 18 holes of golf with cart and fees at Nemacolin Resort. (Donated by Nemacolin Resort)
• A handcrafted leather briefcase/laptop bag. (Donated by Tanner’s Alley)
• Box seats for four at a Pittsburgh Pirates home game. (Donated by Steptoe and Johnson PLLC)
• Chef’s tasting for four with drink pairings at Station, an award-winning restaurant in Pittsburgh. (Donated by WVU Law professor and co-owner Valarie Blake)
• A Fit Bit. (Donated by LexisNexis)
• A Luvente diamond necklace. (Donated by Jacqueline’s Fine Jewelers in Morgantown)
• A fall or winter week-long stay at Kingston Plantation condominium in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Dates to be determined with donor. (Donated by Pill and Pill, Attorneys at Law, Martinsburg, West Virginia)
• Two tickets to a Pittsburgh Steelers 2016 home game. (Donated by WVU College of Law visiting professor Barton Cowan)
To view these and other items, visit the PIA Auction page on Facebook. Proxy bids for items can be emailed to email@example.com.
PIA raises funds in conjunction with the non-profit West Virginia Fund for Law in the Public Interest (WVFLIPI). Tax-deductible donations to WVFLIPI can be made online.
For more information about the PIA or WVFLIPI, contact the WVU College of Law’s Center for Law and Public Service at (304) 293-8555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.