MORGANTOWN, WEST VIRGINIA — A new class of West Virginia Lawyers and Leaders has been recognized at WVU Law.
WVU Law and West Virginia Executive magazine established the Lawyers and Leaders Awards in 2017 to recognize lawyers who have made a positive impact on the state and the nation.
Award winners have dedicated their career to serving others and their communities. Recipients must practice in West Virginia and/or be graduates of WVU Law.
“The professionals chosen for these awards demonstrate exemplary leadership, a commitment to service and, of course, an unbreakable bond with the state of West Virginia. We are proud to showcase them and their wonderful accomplishments,” said Gregory Bowman, dean of the College of Law.
The 2018 winners of the Lawyers and Leaders Award were recently announced at a reception in the WVU Law Event Hall. They were chosen from a variety of practice areas, including the public sector, private practice, in-house, criminal defense, and the military.
The Class of 2018 Lawyers and Leaders are:
- Katherine Garvey – Director, Land Use and Sustainable Development Law Clinic, West Virginia University College of Law
- Cheryl L. Henderson - Owner and Attorney, Henderson, Henderson & Staples, LC
- Karen Hamrick Miller – Attorney at Law, Miller & Amos
- William Ihlenfeld – Managing Partner, Bailey & Glasser LLP
- Allan N. Karlin – Founder and Attorney, Allan N. Karlin & Associates
- Stephen P. New – Founder and Attorney, New Law Office
- Tera L. Salango – Attorney, Preston & Salango, PLLC
- Fred Stamp – U.S. District Judge, Northern District of West Virginia
- Joseph A. Wallace – Co-Owner and Attorney, Wallace Law Offices
- Taunja Willis Miller – Counsel, Jackson Kelly PLLC
- Bobby Warner – Owner and Attorney, Warner Law Offices
- Chase Farmer – Class of 2018, WVU College of Law
- Rebecca L. Trump – Class of 2018, WVU College of Law
The 2018 Lawyers and Leaders Awards were sponsored by Bailey & Wyant, PLLC; Dinsmore LLP; Frost Brown Todd LLC; and Shaffer & Shaffer PLLC.