Meredith Career Services Center
The Meredith Career Services Center provides individual attention to each student and continues these services throughout their professional career. Through a variety of resources and programs, Career Services helps students assess their career goals, explore job opportunities with a law degree, and make the transition from law school to a professional career.
WVU Law’s combination of classroom and clinical experiences ensures solid preparation for future careers. Our career services programs are dedicated to successful employment outcomes and helping students find satisfying employment after graduation. Our strong career support enhances our quality law programs, resulting in our students’ success in finding jobs.
- WVU Law Employment Rate is 81% Bar Passage Required and J.D. Advantage Jobs (Class of 2017, 10 months after graduation, ABA). We are expected, again. to surpass the ABA national rate among all law schools, which has not been announced yet.
WVU College of Law is proud of its excellent employment statistics, and the Meredith Career Services Center is an important partner in achieving these impressive placement rates. The Career Services Center, named for the late Judge and Mrs. J. Harper Meredith, has the staff and resources to meet the employment needs of WVU Law students and alumni, as well as legal employment needs of West Virginia and nation-wide employers.
Extensive Career Support
The Career Services Center staff provides career counseling, workshops for résumé preparation and cover letter writing, and individual practice interviews. The full range of career services includes the following:
Access to Symplicity, Career Services Manager
- On-campus interviews and candidate-employer contacts
- Individual and group career counseling
- Mock interviews
- Individual résumé and cover letter review
- Professional attire and etiquette dinner workshops
- Workshops on traditional and nontraditional career opportunities
- Career resource library
- Access to additional job search tool
775 Registered employers who want to hire WVU Law graduates.
503 Job postings this academic year in addition to on-campus interviews and clerkships.
10.85% of WVU Law graduates are employed by The National Law Journal Top 250 Firms even though only eight of those firms have offices in West Virginia.
A- Best Law Schools 2013: Employment Grade ( preLaw Magazine)