The Public Interest Advocates Spring Auction begins on March 15 at 9 a.m. and ends on March 19 at 5 p.m. Proceeds help pay for students who work for low-income and at-risk clients at legal agencies in West Virginia.
To participate in the auction, bidders must register at 32auctions.com/piaauction2021.
Last year’s PIA auction helped fund 28 law students working at organizations such as Legal Aid of West Virginia, ChildLaw Services, Senior Legal Aid and Mountain State Justice.
Auctions items this year include:
- Basketballs signed by Mountaineer coaches Bob Huggins and Mike Carey.
- Football signed by Mountaineer coach Neal Brown.
- West Virginia golf-lovers package.
- Overnight stays at Stonewall Resort, Embassy Suites in Charleston and Mountaineer Casino.
- Dinner for six with WVU President Gordon Gee.
- One-week stay at a beach house in the Outer Banks.
- Admission to all Monongalia County Bar meetings for one year.
- Admission for one to a WVU Continuing Legal Education program in fall 2021.
- Lasagna dinner with wine and biscotti made and delivered by law professor Charles DiSalvo.
- Photography lesson for six with law professor Marjorie McDiarmid.
- Pontoon boat ride and dinner with law professor James Van Nostrand
- Photography session with communications specialist Chelsi Baker.
- Three-month pasta subscription for four scratch made pastas and sauces from the Station restaurant.
- Fitness package with a three-month membership to Healthworks.
- Law office artwork.
- Bernie Sanders basket with Bernie replica mittens made by associate dean Elaine Wilson.
- Baby quilts and full quilts.
- Stay at a Canaan Valley condo.
- WVU College of Law wine glasses/packages.
- West Virginia distillery tour.
- Liquor baskets.
- Mountain woodworking charcuterie board.
- New Keurig with Starbucks K-cup pods.
- New Pohl stainless steel bread machine with bamboo cutting board.
- 10.2 inch 8th edition iPad (Wi-Fi, 32GB).
- New Amazon Fire 10 and Fire HD 10 for kids.
- New Sony wireless headphones.
- Newest model Apple Air Pods with case.
- Microsoft Xbox One 1TB console with wireless controller.
The auction is hosted by the Public Interest Advocates, a law student organization, and the non-profit West Virginia Fund for Law in the Public Interest.