The summit explores the latest developments in consumer law in West Virginia and surrounding states. Due to the pandemic, it is being held online.
Co-hosted by West Virginia Continuing Legal Education, the Consumer Law Summit is open to lawyers and law students. Cost for attendance is $10 for students and $75 for attorneys seeking CLE credit. Registration is required with WVCLE at https://wvcle.org/product/consumer-law/.
A cornerstone of the summit is the state and federal Regulator Panel.
This year, the Regulator Panel includes:
- Larissa L. Bungo of the Federal Trade Commission;
- Eduard Bartholme of the Federal Communications Commission; and
- Brent Hassell of the Federal Reserve Bank.
West Virginia officials on the Regulator Panel are:
- Erin K. Hunter of the Offices of the Insurance Commissioner;
- Douglas Davis of the Attorney General’s office; and
- Robert Williams of the Public Services Commission.
Additionally at the summit, consumer law attorneys will discuss their experiences in the past year, including the impact of COVID-19 on consumer protection issues. This litigator panel is:
- Jason Causey of Bordas & Bordas;
- Anthony J. Majestro of Powell & Majestro; and
- Nicholas P. Mooney of Spilman Thomas & Battle.
For more information on the 2021 Consumer Law Summit, visit wvcle.org/product/consumer-law.