Morgantown, W.Va. — WVU Law and West Virginia Executive magazine are pleased to announced the exceptional legal professionals who have been named to the Lawyers & Leaders Class of 2020.
Founded in 2017, the Lawyers & Leaders program recognizes the accomplishments of legal professionals who have made a positive impact on the state and the nation and have dedicated their careers to serving others and their communities. Nominees are required to either be practicing law in West Virginia or be a graduate of WVU Law.
The 2020 Lawyers and Leaders are:
- Scott Applegate, West Virginia National Guard
- Maryclaire Atkins Akers, Kanawha County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
- Mike Bonasso, Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso
- Quentin Collie, Steptoe & Johnson PLLC
- Deborah Curry, Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine
- Amanda Demmerle, U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Kitty Dooley, The Dooley Law Firm, P.L.L.C.
- Tom Heywood, Bowles Rice LLP
- Gary Jack, Mon Power
- Tianna Mays, Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Marjorie McDiarmid, WVU College of Law
- Tim Miller, Babst Calland
- Bob Noone, Robert Noone Legal Services - Adoptions
- William Powell, U.S. District Attorney, Northern District of West Virginia
- Kimberly Reed, Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Margaret Workman, Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia