- JD, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, College of William and Mary
- BA, Washington and Lee University
Stephanie Coleman is the Program Director of the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic at the WVU College of Law. She is responsible for the overall management of the Clinic, including the day-to-day operations and preparing the required reports to the IRS. She is an attorney with tax law expertise and oversees technical, substantive, and procedural tax matters related to student representation of Clinic clients. Stephanie is based in the WVU Law offices at The Equities House in Charleston, West Virginia.
Stephanie was previously a managing attorney in the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic at Rhode Island Legal Services. She also directed the taxpayer clinic for Legal Aid of West Virginia. Prior to that, Stephanie was tax adviser and team leader at JK Harris & Company.
Stephanie spent two decades working in Employment Law, including leadership positions at Branch Banking & Trust Company, the West Virginia Employment Opportunity Office, Spilman, Thomas & Battle PLL, and the Office of the West Virginia Attorney General.
Stephanie is licensed to practice in the U.S. Tax Court and West Virginia's state and federal courts. She is a member of the West Virginia State Bar Government Lawyers Committee, and the West Virginia State Bar Tax Committee.
Recent Professional Experience
- University of Illinois School of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Rhode Island Legal Services, Low Income Taxpayer Clinic and Managing Attorney
- Legal Aid of West Virginia, Low Income Taxpayer Clinic Director
- JK Harris & Company, Tax Adviser and Team Leader
- HIRECounsel, Contract Attorney
- Branch Banking & Trust Company, Human Systems Compliance Consultant and Vice President and Regional Employment Manager