Coordinator, West Virginia Innocence Project
- J.D., West Virginia University College of Law
- B.A. (Phi Beta Kappa), Sweet Briar College
Melissa Giggenbach has been affiliated with the West Virginia Innocence Project since 2013 when she joined the clinic as an adjunct lecturer. After graduating from WVU College of Law, Melissa initially had a general solo practice until joining the Preston County Public Defender Office to focus on criminal law. Melissa now exclusively handles post-conviction matters in both state and federal court. Since joining the clinic, Melissa and the clinical law students have been successful in overturning convictions for clients wrongfully convicted of shaken baby syndrome and murder.
- Program Coordinator, West Virginia Innocence Project, WVU College of Law Clinical Law Program, 2018-present
- Adjunct Lecturer, West Virginia Innocence Project, WVU College of Law Clinical Law Program, 2013-18
- Melissa Giggenbach, Attorney at Law, 2002, 1999-2000
- Preston County (WV) Public Defender Office, 2000-02