Director, Career Services and Professional Development
A 2013 graduate of the College of Law, Lauren Hutchins McCartney, Esq. leads WVU Law’s Office of Career Services and Professional Development. As Director, Lauren designs and executes a strategy to support alumni and students’ career development goals, including an ambitious program of soliciting and developing job opportunities and providing proactive career counseling to students and alumni job seekers. She maintains effective relationships with a wide range of constituencies, legal employers, and recruiters in order to cultivate employment opportunities in multiple practice areas.
- WVU College of Law, J.D. - 2013 (W.E.B. Du Bois Fellow)
- University of Debrecen, Hungary, B.A. (Psychology) - 2012
- Marshall University, B.A. (Psychology and Political Science) - 2010 (member of the Society of Yeager Scholars)
- Director, Continuing Legal Education, WVU College of Law - 2019-21
- Associate, Jackson Kelly PLLC - 2014-19
- Associate, Huddleston Bolen (now Dinsmore & Shohl LLP), 2013-14