Teaching Professor of Law Emeritus
- B.A., Marshall University, 1972
- M.A., Marshall University, 1976
- J.D., West Virginia University College of Law, 1989
Professor Wigal was a litigation associate at Steptoe & Johnson PLLC before joining the WVU College of Law Faculty. She then directed the Legal Reasoning, Research, and Writing Program from 1992 until 2009, and the Appellate Advocacy Program from 1992 until 2007. In 2009, she became the Director of the Academic Excellence Center, which supports several program initiatives including the Fall and Spring Study Session Programs for 1L students, a spring bar preparation program, and the Summer Law Institute for undergraduate students.
- Appellate Procedure in West Virginia: Why Rule 4A’s Expedited Petition Process Isn’t Attractive to Attorneys, 4 Journal of Appellate Practice 289 (Spring 2002).
- Brutal Choices in Curricular Design: Repeaters in LRW Programs, 61, Perspectives, Teaching Legal Research and Writing (West 2001).
- Dean’s Column, guest author, The West Virginia Lawyer, Nov. 1998 (an explanation of the LRW Program at WVU).
- The Physician’s Perspective on Medical Law (The American Association of Neurological Surgeons, 1997), contributing author.
- Marcia Pollard and Grace Wigal, Hospital Staff Privileges: What Every Health Care Practitioner and Lawyer Needs to Know (Health Administration Press 1996).
- Knud Hermansen and Grace Wigal, Who Owns the Records?, ASCMBulletin 52 (May/June 1993), reprinted in 3 Nevada Traverse 21 (1993) and in other trade publications
- James Watson and Grace Wigal, Building Codes and Building Permit Issues, Major Land Use Law in West Virginia (N.B.I. 1990).
- Comment, Hazelwood East School District v. Kuhlmeier: The Death of No Prior Restraint in an Official High School Newspaper, 91 W.Va. L. Rev. 635 (Winter 1988-99).
- Director, Appellate Advocacy Program, West Virginia University College of Law (1993-2007)
- Director, Academic Support Program, WVU College of Law (1992-1997, 2003-2007)
- Director, Legal Research & Writing Program, West Virginia University College of Law (1992-2009)
- Director of Academic Excellence Center. (2009 – present)
- Associate, Steptoe & Johnson, Clarksburg, West Virginia