- Central High School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1968
- B.A., Temple University, 1972
- J.D., Harvard University, 1975
- Diplome, Institut International Des Droits De L’Homme, 1989
Brexit, the Misrepresentation of Democracy, and the Rock of Gibraltar, University
of Bologna Law Review, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 209-225 (July 2020).
- “Yitz and Ishmael: A Drama in One Very Long Act” (2019). Minnesota Journal of International Law. 357.
“Nuclear Weapons, Elephants, Israel, and the World Court,” Palestine Israel Journal,
“The Wane in Spain (of Universal Jurisdiction): Spain’s Forgetful Democratic Transition
and the Prosecution of Tyrants,” 114 W. Va. L. Rev. 825, Spring 2012.
“Ambiguity, Sovereignty and Identity in Ireland: Peace and Transition,” Ohio State
Journal on Dispute Resolution, Vol. 20:1, 2005.
“Skopje Letters: Four Months in Macedonia,” Forum Magazine, July 2002.
“Views of Doñana” Columbia J. of European Law (Fall/Winter, 1996-97)
Maxwell & Friedberg, Human Rights in Western Civilization, 1600-Present, Kendall
Hunt Publishers (2 editions – 1991, 1994)
"Politics, Environment and the Rule of Law in Bulgaria,” Duke J. Comp. & Int’l
L. (Spring 1994)
“The Convergence of Law in an Era of Political Integration: The Wood Pulp Case and
the Alcoa Doctrine,” U. Pitt. L. Rev. (Winter 1991)
- Faculty, West Virginia University College of Law (1980-present)
- Visiting Research Fellow, Truman Institute for the Advancement of Peace for the
Hebrew University of Jerusalem (2014)
- Visiting Scholar, University of Guanajuato (Spring 2011)
- Fulbright Scholar, Visiting Professor, Cyril and Methodius University (Spring,
- Visiting Professor, University of Hawaii (Spring, 2000)
- Visiting Professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Law (1989-90)
- Visiting Faculty, Cambridge University (1986-87)
- Litigation Attorney, Tennessee Valley Authority (1975-80_