The role of Marketing & Communications is to advance the mission of the College of Law by telling its story with a focus on successful outcomes for recruitment, fundraising, and institutional reputation. This is achieved through the strategic use of best practices in media relations, print and electronic communications, the internet, the website, social media, and paid advertising and sponsorships.
WVU Law Marketing & Communications staff adhere to WVU University Relations guidelines and work closely with University Relations office.
Our responsibilities include:
- Communications and marketing strategy
- Key messaging, identity and brand management
- Writing and editing news releases, feature stories and web content
- Publications design and print coordination
- Leadership and management of WVU LAW magazine
- Website maintenance and content management
- Social media management
- Photography and story videography
- Media relations
- E-mail blasts (including Alumni, Donors, Recruiting, and internal communications)
- Advertising strategy, design, and coordination
- Special events support