WVU Law is proud to earn recognition in top law school rankings. We value these distinctions as further confirmation of our dedicated mission to be the best for our students.
Our goal is to be a top choice as an affordable law school, offering excellent law programs, leading to law degrees valued by employers in West Virginia and nationwide. Thousands of our successful graduates go on to careers to serve the public, government, and businesslocally and globallywith a strong commitment to justice, ethics, professionalism, and service.
Accredited and nationally ranked, WVU Law is West Virginia University’s first professional school, established in 1878. The West Virginia Law Review is the fourth oldest in the country, founded in 1894.
Our most recent accolades include the following:
- Best Law Schools 2014 (Ranked #91) – U.S. News & World Report
- Top 25 Law School for Corporate Leadership – independent research by Professor Robert Anderson, Pepperdine University
- Top 5 Regional Law School for Black Law Students – On Being a Black Lawyer (2012, 2013)
- 2012 Excellence in Pro Bono Award (Clinical Law Program) – Super Lawyer (2013)
- #33 “Go-To” Law School – National Law Journal (2012)
(1 of 2 law schools in the Big 12 Conference – WVU & University of Texas-Austin)
- #16 Best Value Law School – preLaw Magazine (2012)
- #15 Best Law School for Public Interest Law – preLaw Magazine (2011)
West Virginia University
WVU Law is one of 14 colleges and schools offering 184 bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and professional degree programs at West Virginia University, nationally acclaimed as one of the country’s top 100 public universities. Learn more about WVU’s distinguished rankings and achievements.