Marlyn E. Lugar Courtroom
In addition to being a classroom, the Lugar Courtroom is frequently used for endowed lectures, guest speakers, conferences, and special events such as the final round of the National Energy & Sustainability Moot Court Competition. The Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia holds hearings annually in the Lugar Courtroom, as well. Every two or three years, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit hears cases in Lugar. It is the largest of the three courtrooms at WVU Law and is named for Professor Marlyn Edward Lugar who taught here from 1937 to 1977. Events in Lugar are often webcast. The seating capacity is 266.
John W. Fisher, II Courtroom
The Fisher Courtroom was dedicated in August 2014. Mostly used as a classroom, it is also a popular study retreat for law students. It is named for John Fisher, II, the William J. Maier, Jr. Dean Emeritus and Robert M. Steptoe and James D. Steptoe Professor of Property Law Emeritus. Professor Fisher taught at WVU Law from 1970 until his retirement in 2014.
Steptoe & Johnson Courtroom
Dedicated in 1987, the Steptoe & Johnson Courtroom was renovated and reopened in 2018. Its intimate setting is used for classes such as Trial Advocacy and Appellate Advocacy.