- Central High School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1968
- B.A., Temple University, 1972
- J.D., Harvard University, 1975
- Diplome, Institut International Des Droits De L’Homme, 1989
Brexit, the Misrepresentation of Democracy, and the Rock of Gibraltar, University
of Bologna Law Review, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 209-225 (July 2020).
“Nuclear Weapons, Elephants, Israel, and the World Court,” Palestine Israel Journal,
“The Wane in Spain (of Universal Jurisdiction): Spain’s Forgetful Democratic Transition
and the Prosecution of Tyrants,” 114 W. Va. L. Rev. 825, Spring 2012.
“Ambiguity, Sovereignty and Identity in Ireland: Peace and Transition,” Ohio State
Journal on Dispute Resolution, Vol. 20:1, 2005.
“Skopje Letters: Four Months in Macedonia,” Forum Magazine, July 2002.
“Views of Doñana” Columbia J. of European Law (Fall/Winter, 1996-97)
Maxwell & Friedberg, Human Rights in Western Civilization, 1600-Present, Kendall
Hunt Publishers (2 editions – 1991, 1994)
"Politics, Environment and the Rule of Law in Bulgaria,” Duke J. Comp. & Int’l
L. (Spring 1994)
“The Convergence of Law in an Era of Political Integration: The Wood Pulp Case and
the Alcoa Doctrine,” U. Pitt. L. Rev. (Winter 1991)
- Faculty, West Virginia University College of Law (1980-present)
- Visiting Research Fellow, Truman Institute for the Advancement of Peace for the
Hebrew University of Jerusalem (2014)
- Visiting Scholar, University of Guanajuato (Spring 2011)
- Fulbright Scholar, Visiting Professor, Cyril and Methodius University (Spring,
- Visiting Professor, University of Hawaii (Spring, 2000)
- Visiting Professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Law (1989-90)
- Visiting Faculty, Cambridge University (1986-87)
- Litigation Attorney, Tennessee Valley Authority (1975-80_