- The Pennsylvania State University,
Master of Arts in American Studies, 2006
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania,
Master of Science in Library Science, 1993
- The Dickinson School of Law,
Juris Doctor, 1986
- Grove City College,
Grove City, Pennsylvania, 1983
Bachelor of Arts cum laude
Majors: Political Science (High Honors), History (Honors)
- Head of Public Services, Special Collections & and Instruction Librarian
West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia, 2014-present
- Associate Law Librarian and Archivist (1996 – 2014), Assistant Law Librarian and
Archivist (1989 – 1996)
The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania,
- Instructor/Assistant Professor of Political Science (Part Time)
Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, 2007-2010
- Judicial Clerk and County Law Librarian
57th Judicial District, Bedford, Pennsylvania, 1987-1989
- Civics and You: Your Key to Pennsylvania Local Government, Chapter 6: The Courts
(e-book), (Pennsylvania Municipal League, 2014), available at
- A Citizens’ Guide to a Modern Constitutional Convention in Pennsylvania (with Kerry
L.Moyer, Ph.D.), (Mechanicsburg, Pa.: Civic Research Alliance, 2009), available
- “Introduction” (with Professor William E. Butler), pp. iii-xix, Hon. John Reed,
Pennsylvania Blackstone; Being a Modification of the Commentaries of Sir William
Blackstone, With Numerous Alterations and Additions (Reprint), (Clark, N.J.:
Lawbook Exchange, 2006).
- Part I, “The Early Years, 1750-1920,” pp. 1-87, Cumberland Justice: Legal Practice
in Cumberland County, 1750-2000, (Carlisle, Pa.: Cumberland County Bar Association,
- “Northwest Ordinance” and “Titles of Nobility,” Encyclopedia of the United States
Constitution, David Schultz, ed. (NY: Facts on File, 2008).
- “Dedication: Louis F. Del Duca,” 117 Penn State Law Review 1337-1342 (2013).
“Frederick Douglass in Carlisle,” LH&RB, Spring 2012, at 17-25, reprinted
in 5 Unbound 17-28 (2012).
- “A Visit to Grandfather’s Law Office, or The Picture Book,” LH&RB, Fall 2011,
at 10-15, reprinted in 5 Unbound 61-70 (2012).
- “The ‘Japanese Memorial Law Library,’” LH&RB, Fall 2010, at 7-11, reprinted
in 4 Unbound 59-65 (2011).
- “The Honorable Frederick Watts: Carlisle’s Agricultural Reformer,” 17 Penn State
Environmental Law Review 299-328 (Spring 2009).
- “Pennsylvania Courthouse Architecture and Changing Attitudes Towards the Judiciary,”
LH&RB, Spring 2009, at 1, reprinted in 2 Unbound 21-35 (2009).
- “Twenty-Five Years of Excellence: Dickinson International Law Annual; Dickinson
Journal of International Law; Penn State International Law Review,” 25 Penn State
International Law Review 479-491; 589-614 (Fall 2006).
- “Dedication: Professor Joseph B. Kelly, “ 25 Penn State International Law Review
1-3 (Summer 2006).
- “Researching, Writing and Publishing Institutional History: An Ideal Quest for
the Inquisitive Librarian,” Pennsylvania Library Association Bulletin, February
2006, at 6.
- “The Victorian-Era Law Office: How to Furnish Your Workplace for Under $100,” 96
Law Library Journal 727-31 (Fall 2004).
- “The Use of Trivia as a Tool to Enhance the Teaching of Legal Research,” 12 Perspectives
156-159 (Spring 2004).
- “The Trials and Travails of Interlibrary Loaning for Law Review Cite Checks,” RIPS Law
Librarian, Winter 2004, at 2.
- “The Dickinson Law Review: A History,” 108 Penn State Law Review 747-853 (Winter
- “Yes, Pittsburgh, There is a Santa Claus,” 7 Green Bag, 2d Series 33-39 (Autumn
- “A Brief Introduction to the World War II Memoirs of Professor Joseph B. Kelly,”
21 Penn State International Law Review 445-448 (Spring 2003).
Selected Book Reviews
- “The Oxford Handbook of Witchcraft in Early Modern Europe and Colonial America
ed. by Brian P. Levack,“ LH&RB, Fall 2014, at __.
- “The Treason Trial of Aaron Burr: Law, Politics and the Character Wars of the New
Nation by R. Kent Newmyer,” LH&RB, Spring/Summer 2014, at 16-17.
- “Giving It All Away: The Story of William W. Cook and His Michigan Law Quadrangle
by Margaret A. Leary,” 104 Law Library Journal 184-185 (Winter 2012).
Selected Professional Presentations
- “Witchcraft Laws and Trials: Salem and Beyond,” Dauphin County Bar Association CLE Program
- “Highlights in Pennsylvania Library History: Pennsylvania’s County Law Libraries,”
Pennsylvania Library Association Annual Conference (October 2013).
- “Wine and the Law: An Overview of Wine and Winemaking from Ancient Babylon to the
Modern Washington State Wine Industry,” American Association of Law Libraries
Annual Meeting (July 2013).
- “Highlights in Pennsylvania Library History: The Interlibrary Delivery Service
of Pennsylvania,” Pennsylvania Library Association Annual Conference (October
- “The Law of the Salem Witch Trials,” American Association of Law Libraries Annual
Meeting (July 2012).
- “Legal Research: Is There a Generational Gap?” 2011 Berks County Bench-Bar Retreat
- “Contemporary State Constitutional Conventions: Proposals for Pennsylvania and
Beyond,” American Association of Law Libraries Annual Meeting (July 2011).
- “Law Resources on the Web—A Workshop for Public and Law Librarians,” Pennsylvania
Department of Education (September 2010).
- “Beer and the Law: A Legal History of Beer, Brewing and Government Regulation from
the German Purity Law to the Microbrew Movement,” American Association of Law
Libraries Annual Meeting (July 2008).
- “The Ghosts of the Pennsylvania State University,” Pennsylvania Library Association
Annual Conference (October 2007).
- “Researching, Writing and Publishing: Making Institutional History Come Alive!,”
Pennsylvania Library Association Annual Conference (September 2005).
“Researching and Writing Institutional History,” American Association of Law
Libraries Annual Meeting (July 2003).
- “Interlibrary Delivery Service of Pennsylvania,” Governor’s Advisory Council on
Library Development (June 2002).
Activities and Areas of Interest
- Travel, Reading, Photography, Hiking, Photography, Microbrew Beer, Wine, Music
and Theatre, Ghosts, Haunting and Other Paranormal Activities, Canals and Railroads,